Monday, December 3, 2012

DIY Feather Earrings




I made feather earrings!!!! Aren't they cool? Here's how I made them:
Pick the feathers you want to use. You can use one per earring or whatever (I used three per earring in three different colors). Use flat nose pliers to flatten a cord end around the tip of each feather. Depending on how far down you want your feathers to hang, attach oval-shaped jump rings to each cord end (I used 4 and they reach down to my shoulder). Tip: To keep the shape of your jump ring when you open and close it, don't open it by stretching it. Instead, use your flat nose pliers to move the two ends two either side of the jump ring so it makes a sort of spiral shape (If that's confusing you can look up best ways to open jump rings). Close it by squeezing them back together. Attach the ends of the chains to one circular jump ring. Attach the circular jump ring to an earring. Done! If you have any questions about the instructions or supplies you can ask me by commenting or do a search. I get all my jewelry supplies at Joann Fabric and Craft Stores. I highly recommend shopping there. They have tons of great deals and sales and they have a great variety of products. Enjoy! Comment and let me know how you did on yours and if this was helpful! Or post pics of your earrings. I'd love to see them!     

No comments:

Post a Comment